So as I mentioned in my last post, I was away in the Outer Banks for all of last week. Let me tell you – the vacation was much needed. I didn’t realize how busy I had been this summer and it was heavenly just to sit back and relax all week. Corolla, NC is absolutely gorgeous and it didn’t hurt that I was with Chris and his family for the week 🙂
If you’ve never been to OBX, it basically your typical beach vacation town. It mostly all huge beach houses, with a few resorts scattered through. There’s the beach on one side of the island and the sound on the other. Absolutely stunning. Besides the water, there’s also a ton of other things to do on the island as well. Everything from amazing restaurants to mini-golf to movie theaters are throughout the island. We were situated in Corolla, which is where Chris’s family home is. Corolla is nicely stuck in the middle of everything, so we really didn’t have to drive more than 5 minutes to anything.
Some of the highlights of the week were:
- Eating dinner at the Sunset Grille for our 10 month anniversary. The restaurant is right on the sound and Chris planned it so we went right as sunset was happening and we had a window seat so we got to see most of the sunset, which was beautiful (until a giant cloud got in the way).
- Taking a nature walk through one of the maritime forests at the top of the island, where there was some beautiful views looking out at the sound when you got to the end of the path.
- Kayaking! I absolutely love to kayak and we went on a kayaking tour held by the Outer Banks Nature Conservatory. It was a nice hour and a half long tour of some of the sound where we got to hear about the wildlife that call the sound their home.
- We also hauled our butts out of bed one morning at 6 and went to the beach to watch the sunrise. It was gorgeous when the sun crested right over the water. Stunning doesn’t even begin to describe it.
- Sadly, we went jet-skiing as well. Totally not my thing. I was convinced I was going to be thrown off the entire time. But nevertheless, Chris loved it so I suffered through.
Overall, the vacation was amazing. Great location, great people, and great fun. The only bad part was that I gained back almost all the weight I lost this summer! It was totally worth it though.
Below are a ton of the pictures that I took over the course of the week. You can find some of the things mentioned above in them!
Morning everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts lately. If I didn’t mention it earlier, I’m away at the Outer Banks, NC this whole week so instead of blogging, I’m lounging on the beach or by the pool. I promise I’ll be back to it when I get back to the good ‘ole Jersey on Tuesday. Don’t worry – there will be a huge picture dump when I get back!
This is my first time down in OBX. And let me tell you, it’s gorgeous. It’s the typical beach house vacation area, where all the houses are in pastels or bright colors and its just miles and miles of beaches. I’m in heaven. We’ve been pretty lucky with the weather too. Only a few clouds and some rain drops between getting here on Saturday and now. Otherwise, its been tanning-central here. Aka I’ve been going through a bottle of sunscreen a day. #palepeopleproblems
Today, we’re going to be going jet-skiing. I haven’t been since I was a little kid and the only thing I remember was the fear of falling off the back of it. If I fall off today, some hell is going to be raised. That’s if I survive.
Hope ya’ll are enjoying the last few weeks of summer! I’ll keep you lovelies updated soon!
Today was supposed to be one of those days where I am really active, up and about cleaning and packing all day, intermixed with working out and teaching swim lessons. Is that how the day is turning out? Not at all.
Maybe its because it was truly monsooning here this morning, or the fact that my insomnia has been back with a vengence, but I was just not feeling it today. I did manage to get up and haul my butt to the gym and get in 1.5 miles on the treadmill (with some walking; don’t judge) and I did teach a swim lesson, but other than that, my lazy butt has been seated on the couch catching up with RHONJ and painting my nails.
It’s sad to think about how close I am to going back to school and that I have to start getting myself in gear. It may be 2 and a half weeks away, but considering ill be in OBX for alittle over a week, time to start moving. My room is still a disaster from when I came home for the summer back in May. Probably should start shoving it all back into boxes now…
And I can’t even begin to think about packing for vacation. I’ll be going with Chris’s family and I have no idea what they do down there, besides hit the beach. Packing is going to be a disaster. I can feel it.
The only other productive thing that I got done with today is some instagramming for my internship. If you haven’t yet, go check out @hiddenbaby on instagram and twitter and give them some love. Even if you don’t love their style now, just give it a week or so and you’ll see why I’m pointing you in their direction!
Hope you all are being more productive than me! Sorry for this worthless post that you just spent your time reading…Maybe you’re being lazier than I am!